Date ideas for Melbourne winter 2021
In a recent My Wingwoman poll, a whopping 65% of those surveyed agreed they find it hard to come up with date ideas.
To help with this dilemma, I asked the My Wingwoman community to share their positive date experiences and venue recommendations.
Here’s a list of Melbourne date ideas other singles wanted you to know about:
Le Bon Ton
51 Gipps Street, Collingwood
Southern style hospitality + comfort food + New Orleans inspired cocktails will have you saying ‘is tomorrow too soon to go back?!’
- Atmosphere: Think Saloon-style Southern-style hospitality.
- Food: The drool-worthy menu really does have something for everyone and every appetite.
- Great for: A dinner date.
59 Hardware Lane Melbourne CBD
Israeli Street food meets casual and fun dining. The creative dishes and open kitchen will give you and your date a talking point.
- Atmosphere: Lively – with friendly staff and an open kitchen!
- Food: Casual dining. Plenty of delicious options to choose from.
- Great for: a weekend lunch date.
L4, 264 Swanston St, Melbourne
Award-winning rooftop bar nestled in the heart of Melbourne.
- Atmosphere: Think city rooftop escape
- Food: If you’re feeling a little peckish there’s a menu of yummy small plates
- Great for: after work cocktail or weekend afternoon/ evening drinks.
4 locations in Melbourne: Melbourne CBD, Crown Melbourne, Bayside and Eastland
A playful, nostalgic take on mini-golf meets cocktail bar.
- Atmosphere: Fun, lighthearted, nostalgic.
- Food: Think classic comfort food like toasted sandwiches.
- Great for: A playful date that takes the pressure off making conversation.
18 Beatty Avenue, Armadale
Part wine bar, part bottle shop with a cosy fire opposite Toorak Station in Armadale.
- Atmosphere: Cosy wine bar vibes.Think cosy couches, bar stools, a cute outdoor area.
- Food: A small menu of ‘wine snacks’ is available including cheese and charcuterie. Guests are also welcome to order food from Neighbourhood Pizza (next door), which can be delivered and enjoyed at Toorak Cellars.
- Great for: a cosy Sunday afternoon first date.
Level 55 Rialto Towers
525 Collins Street, Melbourne CBD
A stylish high-rise cocktail lounge hideaway 55 floors above the ground in Melbourne’s Rialto Tower.
- Atmosphere: Sophisticated, modern, all class.
- Food: Bar food menu by Vue de monde
- Great for: A romantic date with ambience plus.
State of Grace
27 King Street Melbourne
A cocktail bar and restaurant with vintage charm and a twist of mystery (you’ll understand what I mean if you head to their hidden cellar bar playfully named Fall from Grace.
- Atmosphere: Luxurious character with a mysterious twist.
- Food: Their delicious menu has something for every appetite
- Great for: a drinks date with the flexibility to graze on some food or order something more substantial if things are going well.
The Palm Royale
438 Church Street Richmond
A Cuban cocktail bar in the heart of Richmond.
- Atmosphere: Cuban-inspired summer vibes to warm up any evening.
- Food: a yummy selection of Pizzas.
- Great for: cocktails that are guaranteed to be on point, even if your date isn’t.
1A Crossley Street, Melbourne CBD
An intimate table-service cocktail bar in the heart of Melbourne.
- Atmosphere: Intimate and cosy.
- Food: They have a delicious bar snack menu.
- Great for: A pre-dinner cocktail by the fire or late Sunday afternoon date.
96 Chapel Street, Windsor
@Jungleboybar on Instagram
This hidden bar has been Windsor’s “worst kept secret” since 2014 (to quote their Instagram page).
- Atmosphere: a hidden, cosy, Jungle paradise where time appears to stand still.
- Food: there is bar food on offer.
- Great for: a cosy early evening cocktail date.
If you’ve recently had a great date experience at a Melbourne venue that didn’t make this list, feel free to get in touch and share your recommendations!
Image: Le Bon Ton, Collingwood courtesy of Le Bon Ton.
Please note: The specifics of each venue’s offer and opening times/ locations may have changed since this blog was published, My Wingwoman suggests doing your own bit of mini research when planning your next date.
Audrey Claire, My Wingwoman Founder & CoachThese unprecedented times are forcing us all to adapt. People all over the world are finding innovative ways to date without breaking the rules. There’s no doubt we’re still adjusting to this new normal, but there's a...
Audrey Claire, My Wingwoman Founder & CoachIt’s tough coming up with date ideas. If you’re someone who stresses about this, you’re definitely not alone. This blog will hook you up with some date options for Melbourne, but even if you’re living elsewhere, read on...
Audrey Claire, My Wingwoman Founder & CoachWhen you think about your last few dates (even if it’s been a while), what words best describe them? If the words boring, mind-numbing or monotonous come to mind, it might just have something to do with this factor…...